Happy Memorial Day everyone! With the weather so nice out, why not start up your grill for a good ol’ BBQ??? I really enjoy simple recipes for the grill so that I can taste the sweetness of the food and the charred flavor that comes from the fire. I put together a super tasty and straightforward recipe for grilled ribeye and veggie skewers, so you can still have time to hangout, chit chat, and relax without being in front of the grill all day.
GRILLED VEGGIE SKEWERS RECIPE
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 white button mushrooms
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cut onion and bell pepper into square pieces.
- Wash mushrooms & de-stem them.
- Toss veggies in oil, salt & pepper.
- Alternating veggies, slide them CAREFULLY onto skewers.
- Grill for at least 10 mins with the cover on, flipping halfway (make sure they don’t burn).
GRILLED RIBEYE RECIPE
- 2 fresh ribeye steaks
- 1 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Season steaks with salt, pepper and oil.
- Rub it in and let it marinade for 30mins.
- Grill for ~7 mins each side for medium rare (longer if you like it more cooked).
I didn’t get a shot of the steak after it was cut, but it was juicy, full of flavor, and cooked perfectly. My veggies got a little burnt from the fire, but I didn’t mind it! They still paired very well with the steak. Hope y’all had a great weekend and don’t forget to remember those who fought for what you have now (:
“And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.” -Lee Greenwood