This past Thursday my parents left for Seattle to board their cruise ship to Alaska. Since they’ll be gone for a little over a week and are leaving the house to me, myself, and I (plus An), I’ll have to feed us. Soooo I’m taking this time to experiment with different recipes and try out new ones I’ve never thought to cook before, hence these cloud eggs. Inspired by Food52, I got my lazy bum out of bed to create this yummy, but easy dish.
CLOUD EGGS RECIPE
- 4 eggs (separate white & yolks).
- 1 tsp parsley (freshly chopped or dried).
- 3 pieces of bacon (cooked & chopped).
- Sprinkle of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 450°F & line a pan with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and yolks. BE SURE NOT TO POP THE YOLK!!!
- Beat the whites in a bowl till soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in parsley, bacon, & cheese.
- Spoon 4 separate clouds on the pan and made a little seat for the yolk.
- Bake for 3 mins & take them out.
- Very carefully place the yolks in the middle and bake for another 3 mins.
- Serve with some toast!
This was definitely one of the most interesting way I’ve ever made/had eggs. It was light, but satisfying. I paired it with some toast sticks, fruits, and avocado. I even attempted my first avocado rose! Let me know if you try it out too, it’s a good and simple breakfast item that I’ll continue to make here on out. Plus, An can’t stop raving about them so I know he’ll be asking for them again sometime soon haha!
“The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” -Richard Bach